11.28.2008

quotes (downsized).


the facebook cutdown. here's what i had (and no, no plans to cut it down to incoherent sentences and the addition of my middle name to make me super cool):

"I like my beers cold and my homosexuals flaming"--Homer Simpson

"The most significant, challenging and exciting relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you that you love, well- thats just fabulous"--C lady

"I love my life in New York....but then I come down here and this fits too"--SHA

"LIfe is a comedy to those who think and a tragedy to those who feel"--Holace Walpole

"Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating" -Charlie Kaufman

How I think when starting to write:
"To begin... To begin... How to start? I'm hungry. I should get coffee. Coffee would help me think. Maybe I should write something first, then reward myself with coffee. Coffee and a muffin. So I need to establish the themes. Maybe a banana nut. That's a good muffin."
-Charlie Kaufman (in Adaptation)

"I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen." -John Cusack (in Say Anything...)

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage."- Harrison Ford (in Raiders of the Lost Ark)

"I don't see why anybody wants to marry an artist, anyhow. I remember Ray Kennedy used to say he didn't see how any woman could marry a gambler, for she would only be marrying what the game left" -from Willa Cather's "The Song of the Lark"

"Optimism can make you look stupid, but cynicism always makes you look cynical"- Calum Fisher

No comments: