1.30.2009

general specific [chris, 3].


[it only took 50 mins, but here they are. i think. i did it all by trained ear]

If the trials at hand are really getting you down:
We had a close call,
I didn't even see it, then another one,
And I hardly believed it at all.

What the writers say, it means shit to me now,
Plants and animals,
Appear on a bender when it's 80 degrees at the end of December,
What's going on?
Only for you and me.

In a showing of hands, who's going back to the south?
Where hungry necks that I know
In running the blender in a lightning storm
Are disguised as a blessing, I'm sure.

And knowing ahead, there comes a fork in the road,
Pants have got to go.
We're on an island on the Fourth of July,
It looks like the tide is going home.

In time, I'd find a little way to your heart,
Down to the general store for nothing specific,
Gonna wash my bones in the Atlantic shore,
Only for you and me.

No comments: